Frequently Asked Questions
At checkout, the freight charge for your order will be calculated on the type of product or multiple products you are purchasing (the size, weight and number of cartons of your total order).
- If a product is Oversized/Overweight Products they are marked as an oversized delivery. Therefore, you cannot order these products online, and a quote will need to be provided, and your acceptance required before processing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliveries to any urban (non-rural) location on the North Island are next business day if the order is placed by 1.00 pm and are shipped via road.
- Deliveries to any urban (non-rural) location on the South Island is 2-3 days by road.
- Rural deliveries take an additional 1-3 days.
- Air freight is available only on request and must be quoted.
- Rural customers are recommended to contact our Sales Team before purchasing overweight or oversized items.
To estimate your delivery cost add products to a shopping cart and enter your region. Once you have completed the delivery address on your order, the estimated cost will change to a final delivery cost in your order summary. If you purchase multiple products, the delivery cost will be based on the total weight and number of items in your cart.
* Note: Shipping times are calculated from when an order is dispatched (in stock).
The Telecom Shop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2011
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Navigating our site from start to finish is conducted via a secure connection (SSL). In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us:The Telecom ShopSuite 11305, Level 1, 6 Johnsonville Road, Johnsonville, Wellington, 6037, New Zealand
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Should you need to return your item please email email@example.com to obtain a returns number. Alternatively, you can phone us on +64 9 884 1250. Without your personalised returns number, we won't be able to process the return. Please note that damaged, opened or used products will require a pre-approval to return and may occur a 20% restocking fee or may not be eligible for return, depending on the scenario. Please note that we cannot guarantee approval of all returns. Return approvals are at the discretion of our suppliers.
Select the products you wish to buy and click "Add to Basket". You can add as many products as you like to your basket. When you have all you need in your basket, simply select checkout. When you get to the checkout you will need to add an address and contact details then your payment details.
You can pay by Paypal or use any of the following cards Visa, Mastercard, or American Express via our secure checkout.
Within the My Account section on the website, you can view all your recent orders.
Update your account information within the My Account section on the website.