The Telecom Shop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018
Your Rights as a data subject
Your Rights include:
- The right to be informed about how we collect and use your personal data
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you (see contact us below)
- The right to amend any personal data we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (NB We must hold your personal data for a limited time, as required by HMRC) however you have
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data at any time
- The right to request a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation
- The right to object to our use of your personal data for particular purposes
- The Right to complain
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided below and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- Company Name
- contact information including name, phone number and email address
- demographic information such as invoice and shipping address, postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, such as what you have purchased previously
What we do with the information we gather
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the under the Data Protection Act 1998 & GDPR regulations at all times.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 & GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- We have written agreements in place with any suppliers we use to ONLY use the data we share with them to fulfill your order as per requirements under the new GDPR act of 2018.
- We DO NOT sell your information to third parties (other than in the course of a business sale or purchase or similar event)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share your details with any 3rd parties, except for the fulfillment of your order.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Any information you provide is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we implement additional generally accepted industry standards
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us.We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR legilsation of 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Contacting us in regards your Data
We can be contacted by phone on 01903 785727 or internationally on +441903785727
We can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We can be contacted in writing at Unit 3 Phoenix Parade, Artex Avenue, Rustington, West Sussex BN16 3LN